Cynthia Dearin is the Head of Dearin & Associates, an international business consulting firm that helps clients to access opportunities in fast-growing foreign markets. Based in Sydney, Australia, the firm works with micro-to-medium sized companies to speed up and de-risk their international expansion process and help them get their products and services to the world. Cynthia is also the Founder of the International Business Accelerator, a 12-month program that she launched in 2017.
With a background in International Studies, Law, Middle East Politics, and Arabic, Cynthia has over a decade of experience as an international business strategist. She speaks three different languages and has lived in France, the U.K., the U.S., North Africa, and the Middle East, as well as in her native Australia.
In addition to her work at Dearin & Associates, Cynthia is an experienced keynote speaker, a podcaster, and the author of the best-selling book “Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires: Your Guide to Business Culture in the Middle East & North Africa”. She’s currently working on her next book, “Business Beyond Borders: How to Take Your Company Global”.
In this interview, Cynthia talks about the unique experiences that led her to where she is today, what foreign companies need to know about expanding into Australia, why cultural intelligence is key when you’re doing business overseas or managing international teams, and which three fundamental things you need to figure out before launching your brand in a new market.
- Link to the Worldly Marketer Podcast Episode 174
- Dearin & Associates website
- Dearin & Associates blog
- Dearin & Associates on LinkedIn
- International Business Accelerator webpage
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission website
- U.S. Commercial Service website
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service website
- Cynthia’s book: “Camels, Sheikhs and Billionaires”
- Cynthia’s podcast: “Business Beyond Borders”
- Cynthia’s personal website
- Cynthia on LinkedIn
- Cynthia on Twitter
- The Worldly Marketer Podcast